Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Journal #16 - Overcoming Obstacles

In our Franklin's virtue project, it is obvious that I will encounter many obstacles through out this project. The main one will be communication. Since we are doing this project with not only members of other classes, but students from another school, it is key that we all develop a strong line of communication so we can effectively get work done on our project. The easiest method of communication that will be most effective is email. Whoever created email was a complete genius. Sometimes, however, I don't always get the chance to check my email on a daily basis, and I'm sure that others are the same way, so we will obviously have to find other great ways of communication to help speed up our project. One way that I find very effective is communication through Facebook. One of the members of our group from the other school has already added me as a friend on Facebook, and we have been sending messages about our project back and forth to each other, rather quickly. It has been a great improvement to our line of communication. Another student suggested that a Today's Meet chat be set up to be used as an ongoing tool for communication between our group members. It would be a great way to communicate thoughts and ideas to our whole group without being in constant contact with each other.

Another obstacle that I have had to overcome has been the level of work ethic. Since we are in an honors class, the kids in our English occasionally have a higher standard of what is acceptable to turn in, and it is sometimes hard to make sure that the entire group project is done up to the standards of one person. I, however, don't want to put my name on something that I would not turn in as my own project, so I will just have to make sure that the project's overall appeal is up to the standards of an honors class requirements.  

No comments:

Post a Comment