Monday, November 7, 2011

Journal #15 - Overcoming Barriers

There are many problems that I am sure I will encounter through out our project with Farmington, but with the wonders of technology, I will be able to overcome them. The first problem that I will probably encounter will be getting a dorky partner. That is a serious risk. This is a person that I'm going to have to communicate with for almost 3 weeks, so I really don't want to get a socially awkward person, especially if we are going to have discussions together. I will be able to overcome this problem by being funny, telling jokes, and making that group member feel more welcomed into the group. That is something that Franklin would do. The second issue that I might face in this project is getting a partner who is not on the same intellectual level that I am. I don't mean to say that I am a genius, because I'm not, but I don't want to get a partner who doesn't do the same quality of work that I like to turn in. I will be able to fix this by making sure that whatever has my name on it is up to par with the standards that I have been expected to do. A third problem that I may encounter is unreliability of my partners. If I end up with a partner who is not responsible, I'm going to be in trouble. I, myself, am not very diligent with my work, not as much as I should be, so if I am partnered with someone just like me, we're in a world of trouble. We probably would get along great, but our project grade probably would not be turned in on time. We'll just have to see how the cookie crumbles. Overall, this project is going to be a pain. It really isn't going to be easy, and I feel that I am going to encounter all of the problems that I listed above, but I think I will be able to overcome them.

No comments:

Post a Comment